Friday, May 1, 2015

Easy Chicken Broth

I'm driving to Columbus tonight to see one of my college roommates that now lives in LA.  I'm SUPER excited to see her, but I'm leaving as SOON as Evan gets home from work, so I'm scrabling to get everything in today before he gets home.  So quick post.  Chicken Broth.  I actually eat chicken broth on occasion.  I feel like it's more of an animal byproduct, like milk or eggs, than meat, so I'm not real strict about it.  I like the idea of making it from scratch, but don't like the simmering pot on the stove that keeps me in the house all day long.  Enter the crock pot.
 Why I never thought of this before, I'm not sure, but I found a recipe in 100 Days of Real food and gave it a try.  SOOOO easy!  It cooked while I was sleeping, then while the kids were doing Saturday sports and when I was ready I could let it cool and freeze it.  I love how convenient it is and I can let it simmer for HOURS and the flavor just gets better.  I'm sure you could use any chicken broth recipe you have and just throw it in the crock pot, but the recipe I used was the one from 100 Days of Real Food.  Give it a try!  It's nice to have stock on hand for when you need to give rice or other grains a little flavor boost or in other recipes-not just for Chicken Noodle Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment