Monday, August 11, 2014

9 More Days: Time to Start Thinking School and School Lunches

WOW!  When I started looking at my Summer Bucket List and began working hard to cross things off, I didn't realize that we'd be down into single digits so soon!  Only 9 more days left of summer vacation!  At this point, I'm not excited.  I talked to Vince last night and asked him if he was going to miss his brother and sister.  He was non-committal, but he was also in a bad mood and angry at the world.  It was a rip-you-sheets-off-the-bed kind of night.  (I'm not sure why he does this because it really only affects him, but whatever.  If that's as destructive as he gets, fine by me.)  I know Olivia will miss them and I will for sure.  The good news is that we'll soon be back full time when we go on vacation a few weeks after school starts (yes, I take them out of school, but I believe that sometimes life experiences are just as important as school.  Talking about physics is important, but actually SEEING how the kite flies is even better.  Learning about high tide and low tide is great, but seeing it in action is pretty amazing.  Plus, living with their grandparents and uncles for a week is important too. )



So now that we're starting our last week of summer, I'm going to try to balance the end of summer with the beginning of school.  I want to keep summer going, but I also know that I need to start getting back to earlier bedtimes and waking up earlier.  The doctor said that your body can learn in 15 minute increments so we'll start going to bed 15 minutes earlier each night until we're where we need to be.  Same for getting up.  Ugg, I LOATH getting up early in the morning!

I'm going to be checking out Weelicious, The Honest Co's Blog and Kiwi Magazine and maybe even Pinterest if I'm especially ambitious to find some inspiration for school lunches.  As much as I'd love to go to Sam's Club and buy tons of prepackaged stuff and just throw it in a lunch box in the morning, I know that I need to put some more thought and time into what I feed the kids for lunch.  I admit that I'm sure what they get on the first day will be a lot better than what they get midway through the year when I'm SO SICK of packing lunches, but at least I'll start out on a good foot!

School lists go up Friday and we'll know then when we're going to have to catch the busses as well.  *Sigh* at least I get to keep two of them with me for a little longer.  However, I'll have much more time during the day to get myself organized.  THAT will be nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment