Friday, November 8, 2013

Recipe Friday: Pumpkin Seeds

I thought for SURE I had posted this before, but I don't think I have.  I think one of my favorite fall foods is pumpkin.  I LOVE roasted squash and pumpkin seeds are SO GOOD!  It's such a pain to clean all the pumpkin goop off of them, but they're so yummy it's worth the work.  I think they almost taste BETTER because they ARE so much work.  I never remember how to roast them so every year I have to look it up.  It's really easy, but that oven temp stumps me every time!  So here it is, in case you're also searching for that same recipe.  And once you get the seeds out, roast the pumpkin and puree it--you're halfway to pumpkin pie--my SECOND favorite fall food!



Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Pumpkin Seeds
oil
salt
baking sheet

Preheat oven to 300 degrees,  Toss seeds with a little oil (melted butter works too).  Spread the seeds on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.  Roast for 15 minutes.  Stir seeds.  Roast 15 minutes more.  Stir again.  Roast for 15 more minutes or until seeds are a golden color.

*You can go a little non-traditional with your seasonings and use cinnamon/sugar or garlic salt or Ellie's Favorite Sprinkle (a.k.a. Seasoned Salt).

No comments:

Post a Comment