Thursday, November 7, 2013

Life Moves Pretty Fast...

If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.  Ahh, truer words were never spoken, Ferris Bueller!  And life has been moving SUPER fast at our house!  Just when I had given up the house hunt and started planning an trip to Disney World that we'll never take, a house found us.  So, hoping that it works for more than houses, I'm officially announcing I'm done looking for jeans that fit and socks that Ellie will wear.  Anyway, back to the house.  It's going to be a big move.  We're not going far, but out of our current school district (anyone looking for a 3 bedroom ranch in Plain, let me know!)  and a very different KIND of house.  We're all very excited, but also a little sad.  This is the only house the kids have known and it's a very foreign concept for Vince.  He's not really sure about the whole thing.  He was asking if the movers were going to take our whole house over to the new place.  Caden doesn't like the new house because it doesn't have anything in it.  Ellie wants a bedroom because it's purple.  I've tried to explain to them that it will look VERY different (we're doing a LOT of work to it before we move in.) when we live in it, but I don't think they understand.  I get that.  It's hard for me to picture us there too now.

So the green part of it all is that I get to try my hand at greening our moving process.  I'm excited by this challenge.  I've been getting worse and worse about living a green life.  I've slide back to eating less and less organic food, primarily to cut grocery costs, and I've started to alternate between my green cleaning products (still using that vinegar and baking soda though) also to cut costs.  So this will be a good opportunity for me to use all that info I have floating around in my head about off-gassing, carpets, paints, new furniture (hopefully we don't have too get much of THAT!) and all the other building dust and grime that will be coming into our house as we prepare it for the Big Move.  Not to mention the cleaners that will undoubtedly be needed to get it tidied up.  I love vinegar and baking soda, but some jobs call for more.  There's a great book that I read a long time ago, about greener cleaning.  It has how to clean EVERYTHING using greener methods.  Our new house had TONS of mahogany in it and I need to find a good, non-toxic way to keep it looking good.  Ahh!  It's overwhelming just thinking about it!  But the good news is that The Big Move is a few months away still. I like that I have time to plan-slowly.  It takes me time to adjust to change this big.


No comments:

Post a Comment