Thursday, September 19, 2013

Bonus recipe: ricotta veggie dip

I had two great recipes that I tried this week and I wanted to share them both.  They're both from the Weelicious book-- can you guess what I used for menu planning this week?  Today I'll give you the snack and tomorrow the entree.  This dip was SUPER good.  We used pita chips but you could use veggies as well.  Vince was a huge fan!



Ricotta veggie dip
1 tsp canola oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/2 c grated carrot
1 c grated zucchini
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 c ricotta cheese
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice

1. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over medium heat.  Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes or until tender.
2. Add the garlic, carrot, zucchini and salt and sauté for 4 more minutes or until tender and golden.  Set aside to cool.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, lemon juice and cooled veggies and stir. 
4. Scoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment