Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Celebrating Fall

Yesterday I found 11 ways to celebrate fall and decided to try to do as many as I can to fully enjoy and appreciate my favorite season.  So, today,  while doing #8 on the list (Seek to improve your health) on the elliptical at the Y while Vince is at swimming,  I decided to work on #7 Contemplate.  I'm supposed to think about the ways I've neglected my inner growth over the past year and how to fix it.  I feel like I really HAVE neglected my inner growth over the year, especially this summer.  I felt like this summer I was  constantly in survival mode with all the kids home and getting Jack.  Now that the kids are back in school and Vince has started preschool and is back at his Y activities,
I'm becoming more balanced.  I'm able to think about doing some things I enjoy and not just cleaning and breaking up fights and cleaning up after a puppy that's not housebroken.  I'm still doing that stuff, don't get me wrong, but I feel like things are moving at a slower pace now.  I don't constantly have to hurry to get to he next thing.  I was thinking he other day how nice it's been not having activities every night.  I'm a little concerned that the big kids aren't doing anything structured to get exercise, but I'm also loving that we have a (relatively) relaxed family dinner each night, go on our nightly walks with Jack and the kids have time to play after school.  Every night or so I have a meeting wth the preschool board or the PTO, but for the most part I don't have to worry about where everyone is going when and how to feed them.  This, more than anything, is contributing to my inner calm which is what I'm going to call my inner growth.
The biggest thing I do to really grow intrapersonally is blog. It's really the only time I get to think like an adult and refect on adult things, things I care about and things that make me feel like I'm bettering my life and the lives of my family.  There.  Cross #7 and #8 off the list.  I can feel my inner growth at work now!

1 comment: