Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Welcome Home

I want to blog about the beach again.  I want to actually BE at the beach again.   But I'm not.  I'm home.  Yesterday was Vince's first day of pre-school and because it is a cooperative school, I was the parent helper for the day.  I love being in the classroom and getting to know the kids.  I just generally like being around them because I think they're funny. Vince's teacher was introducing me to the class and she said Vince's last name.  "If that's Vince's last name his mom is Mrs..."  I looked at his best friend, Blake, and said, "Come on Blake!  You know this!" and one of the other kids yells out "Mrs. Youknowthis!!!"

He was excited about school, just not about his brother using him as an armrest.
Again, he was excited, just refused to do a normal smile!
To balance out the fun we also come home to a leaking hot water tank and a broken washer. Yesterday comprised of a lot of waiting for "guys" to come.  Thanks to my dad, we now have a new hot water tank and we're in the process of searching for a new washer.  I do a lot of laundry and really beat up my washer (as proven by the short life of the last one) so I need something that's heavy duty, large capacity, and of course green.  Most washers are energy star now, so it's not going to be that hard to choose a green one, but I still want to do some research and see what my best options are.  I went to Lehman's last night to look at some REAL green washers and I found a great $20 option--a washboard!  There were also some others that were MUCH more expensive, including a $900 one that I really looked at because it was about the same cost as a traditional washer.  Not the same.  I was trying to figure out why these were a better option when I realized they all had one thing in common--no electricity.  Ah, Amish.  I hate to admit it, but I think that's a little TOO green for me.  I'd LOVE to say that I jumped at the wash tub and the wringer, but I didn't.  I looked at the pile of laundry I brought home from vacation and thought otherwise.  Guess today will include a trip to Lowe's! Welcome back from vacation!



No comments:

Post a Comment