Thursday, September 26, 2013

Quick Post: Finger Foods

I'm having a hectic day today so just a quick thought for today.  I read at wholesomebabyfood.com that you could coat finger foods that are a "gross" texture (bananas, peaches, plums, etc) with wheat germ.  I did this for Olivia and it was AWESOME!  Not only is it much cleaner (easier for them to pick up and less dropping and smashing) but it's also a bonus serving of whole grains!  I LOVE this!  I tried it myself to see how it changed the taste of the food and
it masked it a little, but gave it a kind of nutty flavor--like wheat germ.  This would be great for a baby learning how to self-feed or an older kid that's weird with textures.  It's great for anyone as an extra boost of whole grains as well.  Now on to my next task...

No comments:

Post a Comment