Wednesday, September 11, 2013

H.U.M.A.N. Vending Machines

I started back at the YMCA yesterday.  It feels like forever since I've been there!  Vince is back in swimming and Art Gym Swim class so every Tuesday and Thursday I'm back to working out.  I'm excited!  While I was there, I noticed that they've changed their vending machines.  They now have H.U.M.A.N (Helping Unite Mankind and Nutrition) healthy vending machines.  Not only are the items in the machine healthy (no candy bars) they also donate 10% of their profits to charities that
fight childhood obesity.  I was impressed with the selection.  The prices are a little higher, but I figure you're getting more for your money.  Instead of a sugar rush and a crash, you're actually getting something your body can use as fuel.  Maybe not.  But it's nice to think that way.  I got some of the protein pretzels for us (Olivia, Vince and I) to try and a V8 fusion for me...and Backwash Vince to finish.  You can also use a credit card, which is great for me, who never has cash.  I'm excited that they got rid of all the junk as many other moms are too, I'm sure.  When I was standing there, taking pictures of the machine like a big weirdo, I heard a mom easily win a fight with her preschooler about getting food from the vending machine.  When there's not the crap that they're used to, the allure is gone.  When Caden goes to the Y with me we'll put that theory to the REAL test.  I think Caden would buy used tissues if they came out of a vending machine.  I worry about that kid and slot machines when he turns 18... So here are the pics so you can see for yourself.  I was going to give you a youtube clip from the company, but they all seemed a little to "businessy".



Olivia sampling the protein pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment