Monday, May 5, 2014

Recipe Monday: Marinated Portobellos

I got caught up in other things Friday and never did a recipe post.  Today my mind is a blank so you're getting last night's dinner.  Evan made marinated chicken on the grill last night.  This is one of his favorite foods and really, there's no vegetarian substitute for grilled meat--except grilled veggies.  So I've been working on finding things that work well on the grill and are also vegetarian and healthy--not "fake" meats or processed veggie burgers.  I LOVE mushrooms so I'm always game to try portobellos different ways.  I found this marinade recipe in the Forks Over Knives Cookbook and it was super easy to make and really good.  I'll definitely try it again.



Grilled Portobello Mushrooms


3 TBSP soy sauce
3 TBPS brown rice syrup
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 TBSP grated ginger
freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 large portobello mushrooms, stemmed

Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.  Place mushrooms stem side up in a shallow dish and pour marinate over them, allowing them to marinate for 1 hour.
Pour off excess marinate, reserve liquid, and place mushrooms on the grill.  Brush with the excess marinade while grilling each side for 4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment