Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Green Food For St Paddy's!

I know I've said this before, but I always like the idea of making fun, thematic food on holidays.  I like the idea of shaped pancakes or colored milk or whatever for Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, Halloween, 4th of July--all the holidays that really focus on color.  But sadly, I rarely actually DO something like that for the holidays. I got an email from Weelicious the other day about Creamy Avocado Lime Parfaits and when I clicked on the link it also had a link to other green foods for the upcoming holiday.  The best part is, none of them use food coloring!  That's what's great about green--it's pretty easy to come up with foods that will dye anything around it that same color.  So I thought I'd share the two links with you in case you also feel the need to eat festively-whether you actually do it or not.  (Side note, we'll actually be eating at Chipotle on St Patrick's Day this year in support of a fund raiser for Ellie's school.  Guac is green, so that counts, right?!)  Also St Patrick's Day is Jack-Jack's Second Birthday!  Thanks SAM for taking this little guy, his brothers, sisters and mom in and finding them homes! 



No comments:

Post a Comment