Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Wags 4 Warriors

My mind is kind of all over today so instead of subjecting you to my rambling, I thought I'd just point you in the direction of a pretty cool charity I recently discovered.  It's called Wags 4 Warriors and it's a program to match returning war veterans with PTSD and TBI with a service dog at no cost to the veteran.  As I was reading about this it made me start to cry, as all working dogs do.  I can't really explain it, it's not that I find it sad, just moving I guess.  I cried at the state fair when we watched the frisbee dogs too.  Something about dogs working affects me.  Weird, I know, but if you read my blog this should come as no surprise to you.  And I promised no rambling...OK, so Wags 4 Warriors is pretty cool.  Check out their website.  If you're interested in supporting it you can
run the Boots On The Ground 5k and 5 Mile adventure trail race in Canal Fulton on June 13th.  It's a run canton event, (Like the Frosty Frolic Jack and I ran) which is how I found out about W4W.  It's a walk/run and family friendly event and I might see if I can talk a kid or two into running/walking with me.  It doesn't say it's pet friendly so Jack-Jack may have to sit this one out.  Done rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment