Thursday, March 19, 2015

Reach Out and Read

It's spring cleaning time!  If you're like me (and I doubt you are) you're always trying to reduce the number of "things" in your house.  I'm a little fanatical about it actually.  My poor kids "lose" toys all the time to the trash can in my constant effort to eliminate clutter.  The other day I was looking at Olivia's little bookshelf with despair because it's a wreck.  She's the only one reading board books anymore so they're ALL in her room--4 kids worth of board books.  She can't access them because they're all piled on top of each other and in front of each other and there are books spilling over the top and library books stacked in front.  The kid LOVE to be read to and
is starting to "read" to herself so I love having books available to her, but this needs to be fixed.  SO, I was really excited when I heard about this program that the HHS Future Educators of America are sponsoring.  It's called Reach Out And Read and I've posted the flier below.  I LOVE the idea of donating some of those really baby  board books that aren't really appropriate for Liv anymore.  I'll probably also weed through some of those other random picture books we've amassed over the years that are literally breaking the bookshelf in the boys room and crowding out Ellie's new books in her room.  The only issue we'll run into is the "good condition" part.  I have a feeling when I look at our books with a more critical eye suddenly they'll look as well worn and loved as they actually are.


No comments:

Post a Comment