Friday, December 21, 2012

Recipe Friday: Spiced Warm Milk

My throat hurts.  It's snowing outside.  Something warm and soothing to drink sounds good to me.  I found this recipe in The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook by Cathe Olson.  I realize that warm milk might sound pretty gross to some, but I love it.  This recipe is kind of like a vanilla version of hot chocolate.  It's quick to make and it's great for just a little something sweet after my kids go to bed.  I wanted to give you a warming, holiday recipe before I sign off until after the new year and I think this one is what I was looking for.  So have a Merry Christmas (even if you don't celebrate, you can still be merry on December 25th) and a Happy New Year.  Enjoy time with your family.  I will.



Spiced Warm Milk

1 cup milk (dairy or non dairy)
pinch ground cardamom,nutmeg, and/or cinnamon
Sweetener to taste (I use honey or molasses, but maple syrup, brown rice syrup, stevia or agave nectar also work)

Heat milk and add other ingredients.  Stir and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment