Thursday, July 31, 2014

Done with Cloth Diapers

Well, it's over.  My long, long, long relationship with cloth diapers is over.  Olivia has taken an interest in potty training and while I don't think she's going to be fully trained for awhile, I found that cloth diapers are REALLY hindering her ability to train.  She LOVES to change her clothes (and also show everyone her butt--this she gets from her brother) and she can take her training pants on and off by herself, but the diapers really trip her up.  SO, we've moved from diapers to training pants.  There are, of course, cloth training pants and I'd LOVE to use those, but I'm not really willing to spend that much money on something she'll (hopefully) only wear for a few months.  I DO love the Gerber training pants for little ones.  They're just an extra layer of fabric for when they're *almost* there, but not really what we need right now.

I was a little sad to say goodbye to the cloth.
 I HATE buying pull-ups and I can't find any earth-friendly brands in the store.  Target carries some online that I guess I'll have to order.  It was really nice never having to worry about running out of diapers or wipes.  I loved knowing that I wasn't putting any weird chemicals next to her skin 24/7.  It's a little comforting knowing that it'll be short term, but still, I chose cloth for a reason.  I'm really happy that I did cloth for this long.  If I were to have another kid there's no doubt I'd do cloth again.  I was wholly happy with the experience.  That's why I'm blogging this.  If anyone reading is interested in trying cloth,  I have a TON of cloth diapers that are not currently in use!  As I've blogged before, I have a bunch of different kinds and most are in girly colors, but I do have some neutral colors.  It's a great way to try cloth without the monetary investment.  I'm thinking of creating some kind of diaper swap that will allow cloth-curious parents to try cloth to see if they like it before buying a ton of diapers.  I think a lot of people out there would like to do it, but are hesitant because of the cost.  This is, of course, something I won't actually do, but just another of my crazy ideas.  Maybe when all the kids are in school.... the list of thing I'm going to do when all the kids are in school seems to keep growing and growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment