Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hair Color

I've decided to color my hair. I haven't done it in a long time, since college, and I wasn't sure where to start. I can't afford to have it done professionally, so I'm just going to go to the drug store and pick up a bottle. Besides the most obvious choice of which color to buy, I, of course, am also looking for the least harmful. But it's hair color. By nature it has to be pretty chemically, right? So I'm doing some research. My first stop was the Cosmetic Database. I searched for hair color and just scrolled down until I recognized a brand I thought I could find at the drug store. I also Googled "natural hair color" and cross referenced those results with what I found on the database, since "natural" isn't regulated and when speaking about hair color is can mean, looks natural, not made from natural products. To spare you my entire search, I found something that will be perfect for me! It's a score of 5 on the cosmetic database, which isn't low risk, but it's still in the medium range, which I'm willing to do. The best part is that it's semi-permanent! So if I don't like it, 28 shampoos later it's gone! It's ammonia free and has anti-oxidants (buzz word! Your hair is dead, does it NEED anti-oxidants??). It's Clairol's Natural Instincts so I should be able to find it easily. I actually feel a lot better. I was feeling guilty about putting chemicals on my head and I was unsure about how it was going to turn out, but hopefully this should solve BOTH of those problems. Now to choose the color...

No comments:

Post a Comment