Monday, October 10, 2011

POD Home

This weekend we went to Columbus to visit my in-laws. While there, we decided to take the kids to see COSI since it's been awhile since we've been there. Nice exhibits, my youngest got drenched at the Ocean exhibit, cool Dora/Diego exhibit...anyway not what I'm really blogging about. In their outside exhibit, Big Science, they have an OSU Engineering/Architecture student collaboration project called a POD House. It's a pretty cool *little* house that was designed for sustainability, energy-efficiency, and space-saving. It's designed for one to two people and it's honestly about the size of a shed! It's a pretty cool concept, but I'm not really sure how it would work in reality. I found some pictures online as well as a YouTube clip that shows how it was constructed, but it's really more of a Rah Rah OSU thing. I found it really interesting and I thought it would be a great thing to share with all of you. (I'm not really sure about the copyright on the pictures so I'm just going to give you the link here. These are the best that I could find and they're really a great view inside (which is kind of hard to get from COSI) and the outside).


No comments:

Post a Comment