Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm Changing the World!!!!

Well it's official! Everyone in the world is clearly reading my blog and changing their products accordingly! I was at the store the other day looking for shampoo for my two year old. (I like California Baby best, but Target is the only place close that sells it and I needed it NOW so I was limited to Giant Eagle's selection.) There, in the baby aisle, was Pamper's Kandoo Shampoo, (in a pump form, I was being picky!) and it had a tag attached (extra packaging, not so green, Pampers!) that said, "Paraben Free"! My Skin Deep database lists it as a level 6, but the ingredient list still has parabens listed. This OF COURSE means that Pampers has been reading my blog and has decided to change their product to be greener so that I can buy it and I don't have to drive to Target to get the 3X more expensive California Baby! THANK YOU Pampers! (I of course won't actually buy Kandoo Shampoo again because it is Funny Berry scented. Why do companies think kids want to smell like artificial fruits?!?! He's TWO! He's supposed to smell all clean and snuggly after a bath, not like some kind of candy that turns your mouth blue!)

But, seriously, I think it's great that Pampers has changed it's product to be better for it's users and the planet. How great that consumers are now more aware of what's in the products that they buy! And what's even better is that they're causing companies to change (and boast about the changes) for the better! Michael Pollan is always saying that we "vote with our dollars" when he talks about how we can influence companies to change to more natural/organic ingredients. I think this is a perfect example! Now if we could only do the same thing about that disgusting funny berry smell....(Pssst! Pampers, this is your cue to make fragrance free toddler shampoo! I'll be looking for it on Giant Eagle's shelf in about a week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment