Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day!

I love President's Day! It's like a little vacation right in the middle of February, when it's cold and gross and I always seem to need a day off. So today I didn't have to get anyone on the bus, I didn't have to drive anyone to school. I just have to spend the day with my kids. I got an email from my son's school, it's a weekly newsletter, and it said, "Quality time = Love". Which made me rethink my plans to just hang out at home today.

I've decided to take them to the William McKinley Museum and Monument. I know this sounds holiday related, but it's not. We're members so it's kind of a free trip for us. It's only about 10 minutes from our house, kind of educational, and the kids love it. Since we're members, I don't feel bad about having it turn into a 30 minute visit either. So this morning, I'm working hard to get all my mom-job stuff done (laundry, cleaning the bathroom, vacuuming, all the fun stuff!) so we can enjoy our afternoon off!

No comments:

Post a Comment