Friday, February 17, 2012

It's Here Already!

Today, the weather if what we in Ohio consider beautiful in February. It's still nasty and swampy outside, but looking out the window, it's sunny and pleasantly breezy and walking down the the end of the driveway to the mailbox doesn't require 30 minutes to warm back up. My kid feel it too. They both insisted on wearing sandals to the BMV this afternoon, and since it's the BMV and the dress code is, "Crazy" I figured, why not?

So with the warm weather in the air today, I thought about my garden and thought I should check out my sproutrobot.com calendar because I vaguely remembered that February was grow time. AND IT IS!! Next week I'm supposed to start my bell peppers and tomatoes (we don't like tomatoes so we don't grow them) inside!

And now I'm in a panic! I don't have seeds, I don't have containers, and most importantly, I'm not sure WHERE indoors I'm going to keep my seedlings!!! SproutRobot to the rescue!!! I just clicked on the instructions link and it told me everything I need to know to get started! It says your sunniest window, which, luckily I have a decent window ledge there so I should be able to put lots of containers on it. Now all I need are the seeds and the containers. Umm, tomorrow is my birthday. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF SOMEONE BOUGHT ME A GIFT OF A SMALL OR FAMILY GARDEN. Just a hint. But at least I can start planning now for what I'm doing to do in April (that's when sproutrobot says I need to get stuff in the ground.) So bell peppers, ready or not, here I come! (I actually had a lot of success with this guys last year! I think they were actually the most successful and favorite of my garden plants!)

No comments:

Post a Comment