Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My Dream

A few nights ago I had a bizzare dream. I tend to analyze dreams, but this one kind of had me puzzled. In my dream, Children's Services came to my house. The conversation kind of went like the time the dog warden came over, a little chit-chat, do you know why I'm here, then you're dogs are barking a lot (OK, we were on vacation during the time in question so I'm not really sure what happened, but I have a feeling the neighbors were provoking them again.) Anyway, in my dream it wasn't that my children were barking, it was that I've been feeding them organic food. Since it was a dream, I was quick on my feet and could actually have a come-back, which I don't really remember what it was now, something about statistics that I would only be able to recall in a dream, for some reason that stuff seems to get buried when I'm awake. I then woke up, but I was, and still am, really confused. Why would I dream that people were concerned about my kid's eating habits? I'm doing to guess it's about my guilt that my kids aren't eating as well as they could be. At Build A Bear this weekend, the bear-stuffer asked my daughter what her favorite food was, answer, Kale. I don't think the bear-stuffer knew what kale was, but I felt bad because it's been a long time since I've given her her baked kale. I've been slacking on my morning smoothies that I used to do for the kids too. I think my dream was actually a wake-up call. I need to pull myself together and take care of the three kids I have now, even though the fourth one is making it really hard to have the energy to cook like I should. So right now I'm going to make my grocery list for the week. I'm going to be sure to plan for lunches and snacks so that I have healthy, fun options for them.

Have I mentioned the nibble tray before? My daughter mentioned it the other day and I had forgotten how great they are! They're an ice cube tray (I use the baby food Beaba container) filled with healthy snacks that the kids can have access to throughout the day. It's intended for toddlers, who naturally graze, but my preschool loves it too. I put in nuts, small crackers, "egg boats" sliced veggies, one container can be dip, my little man LOVES hummus, raisins or other dried fruit, dry cereal, anything you can think of that will fit. It's a great way to have the food at-the-ready when little tummies are hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment