Thursday, February 2, 2012

It's Groundhog Day!!

Puxatawney Phil saw his shadow this morning and it looks like 6 more weeks of winter. The good news is that I'm SURE this site I'm going to share with you today adjusts for this VERY scientific weather prediction! My mom found it for me (thanks Mom!) passed it along. It's called SproutRobot and it helps those of use that aren't farmers (or are just starting with our gardens) know when to get things going. You type in your zip code and it tells you when to start planing which crops and when to start them indoors. It will even send you seeds! (For a fee of course!). It's free to sign up and I was surprised how early we can start to plant! I think I started most of my seeds last year around May, but this is telling me the beginning of April. I'll have to look into buying some of their seeds...I could use all the help I can get, especially since this year bending down to plant and weed all summer is going to be a little more difficult than it was last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment