Monday, February 13, 2012

Update on Cloth Diapers

tI've recently had a few people ask me about cloth diapering and I've just sent them to my blog link I did when I first started blogging. Honestly, this is one of the reasons I started blogging in the first place, because I was tired of typing and retyping my "cloth diaper story". I hadn't read it in awhile and I wanted to make sure it was still a good reflection of how I use cloth (I list the kinds of diapers I have and which I like the best).

I don't think I've clearly stated on here that I'm expecting another little one in August, so that's that official announcement. Having said that, I'm looking into cloth again. My diapers served me very well for the last two years and 5 months, but they're not going to make it through another baby. So I'm kind of back to where I started with #3, just with a TON more know-how. As I said in the last diaper post, I DO like the Fuzzi Bunz and Bum Genius (Fuzzi Bunz elastic in the legs when kaput a few months back, and I had to pull it out, but his little toddler legs don't really need it anyway.) and the Bum Genius velcro closures are pretty much all shot. I can still use the organic cotton prefolds, but I have to get the smaller size diaper cover and I'm not sure how well those will work with a little one, since I still have to fold the over with my toddler. So as I said, I'm back to where I started. I've been looking into the Gdiapers, but I'm still not sure how I feel about these. They're the ones that have a cloth insert that you can wash and reuse OR a disposable insert that can be composted, thrown away, or flushed. I thought this might be a good option for when others watch the little one but I think it also sounds messy and kind of a pain. I am interested in trying them though, so I think I'm going to either try the GDiapers or one of the other hybrids that she has at the Breastfeeding Center. I will again RAVE about the Breastfeeding Center in Massillon. I LOVE how I can go and actually SEE the products, where ryonline I just have the little picture and TONS of input from all kinds of people saying everything from it's the best product ever to it's a total waste of money.

So that's where I am right now with cloth. I have a load of diapers in the wash right now, and I'm very happy with what I have, so maybe I'll just get some more of those too. With the 4th kids...there's not a whole lot more planning so this is pretty much it for the next 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment