Tuesday, August 7, 2012

EWG's Newest Database!!!!!

I had a blog entry all planned out for today and when I sat down to check my email and found THIS, I couldn't wait to blog about it!  The Environmental Working Group is going to launch an new database this fall, similar to the one they have about cosmetics and sunscreens, but this will be for cleaners!!!!  I've been looking for something like this!  FINALLY I'll be able to compare my household cleaners and see how they measure up, toxically speaking.  There are SO many toxic chemicals in cleaning products that are so much worse than those in personal care products, that I think this data base is so important to use. 

Although the database isn't active yet, there is a preview.  It's a Database Hall of Shame, similar to the one that they did for the sunscreen database.  They've divided it up into different categories, one of which is Greenwashing, which lists the worst offenders of products that claim to be green. 
Here's the link to The Environmental Working Groups Cleaners Database Hall of Shame. The actual database is expected to be released next month.  I'll keep you posted as I get more information!  I can't WAIT to see how my cleaning products measure up!  I wonder if they'll list vinegar and baking soda among their cleaners.  I'd like to see how they compare to commercial products. 

1 comment:

  1. Great site, Miss! I have to give up my Final Touch I guess.

    ReplyDelete