Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Sounds of Silence

Shhh!  Can you hear that?  The fighting, crying, yelling at the Wii, doors slamming, thud of feet jumping of the couch, crash of God-Knows-What?  Can you hear it?  Neither can I!  The big kids are back in school!  I have a sleeping newborn and an almost-three-year-old playing quietly with his "guys" (action figures).   As quite as this house gets!
Yesterday was Caden's first day and today they both went, since Ellie's kindergarten does a stagger start with half of the alphabet going the first day, half the second, then the whole class on the third.  I managed to get up on time, get everyone dressed, fed and pictures taken before we even HEARD the bus!  I'm SO ahead of where I was at the end of last year! 

Now that I have all this new "free" time I need to decide what I'm going to do.  I'm excited to have more time to read, since I always get so much read while I'm nursing the kids.  I just got an email from a friend telling me about Tyler Florence's new line of organic baby food, Sprout.  As I was quickly looking at the site (I've made all of the Ellie and Vince's baby food) I noticed that there's also a cookbook,  Start Fresh: Your Child's Jump Start to Lifelong Healthy Eating.  I looked it up and read the reviews and I'm really excited to check it out, even though Olivia still has a LONG way to go before I introduce solids to her.  It looks like it's just a whole foods cookbook that will work for all stages in my family.  This will be so fun to not only be reading, but also menu planning.  It KILLS me to just sit and do nothing (not that nursing is nothing!) so I'm excited to be able to multitask.  I'm going to check to see if our libraries have it or not.  
I'm also planning on taking a trip back to Once Upon a Child.  I went through the kids' closets and there was A LOT of clothes that don't fit.  I blogged about Once Upon a Child before and I was pretty happy with my experience there.  I was just going to take everything to Goodwill, but figured I'd better try my luck with resale first!
Happy Back To School!  Sorry for all of you trying to get to work and stuck behind school buses!

No comments:

Post a Comment