Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More about The Honest Company

I blogged a few weeks ago about The Honest Company, which sells it's own brand of home and personal health products, as well as diapers and wipes.  I was SO excited to try their Bundle Package and the other day it finally arrived!  I was super disappointed.  It was my own fault.  I was expecting 5 full sized products, when in reality, all I got was 5 sample sized products.  I went back and looked at the information on the website, and it DOES say "trial" and "sample" but for some reason I was thinking that they would be full-sized.  I was already kind of disappointed in how long it took to get here and then when the day finally arrived and I got this tiny package...anyway, about the products. 
I got 5 products, the laundry detergent, hand soap, baby wash, baby lotion, and healing balm.  I have used all of the products except the healing balm, although I did squeeze a little bit out on my finger to see the consistency of it.  It seems kind of like lanolin-consistency rather than a cream, which I like.  I really like the hand soap.  It lathers well, has a great, clean smell and seems to work well.  I'm not really a fan of the body wash and lotion.  There's nothing really wrong with the products, but I just don't personally like the smell too well.  It's supposed to be fragrance free, but I'm assuming that means no added fragrance.  I do like how the products work, despite the smell.  I like how the lotion absorbs into your skin quickly and how the body wash cleans.  As for the laundry detergent, it was a small bottle that said to use half the bottle for HE and the whole bottle for regular machines.  I didn't do a good job using half and half.  The first load didn't get enough and the second got too much.  The load that got too much, I could tell from the way the clothes felt when I was folding them.  This one IS fragrance free, which I like. 
I have 7 days after receiving my trial bundle to cancel my auto ship bundle, but I think I'm going to try some more products before I make a final decision.  So next month I'm getting 5 full sized products.  I've chosen to get the Rinse Aid, Dish Soap, OxyBoost, Stain Remover and Multi-Surface Cleaner.  By the time I get this and it's time to choose new products for my next month's shipment, EWG's Cleaner Database should be up and running so I can compare products and make sure I'm getting what I think I'm getting.
I did yet ANOTHER dumb thing with this company.  First, let me tell you that it was 4:30AM the morning after I delivered Olivia.  I was nursing her in the hospital and grabbed the iPad to keep myself company (and kind of freaked out the nurse who came in at shift change, "Oh!  I don't usually see people up at this time!").  So I'm  a little tired, since it's only been 11 hrs since delivery.  (I'm pretending this makes it better, but it was still kind of a stupid move!)  I had noticed that I could also get the diaper bundle trial, so I was trying to do that so I'd have some disposable diapers for Olivia until her umbilical cord falls off and she's a little bigger to fit into the cloth diapers.  When I tried to order them, they were listed under Vince's Nursery, so they were diapers for a 36 lb boy--not really going to work for my 7lb little girl!  So I created a Nursery for Olivia, hoping that I would still be able to get the free bundle.  I went through the whole signing up process again, but I didn't get the trial screen.  I got a screen that said do you want to order the bundle? By clicking yes you're credit card will be charged.  Now I didn't realize they already had my credit card on file, so I figured I'd be prompted to enter that info before my order was finalized.  I wanted to make sure that I had the right size and prints before I spent almost $80 on diapers.  So I clicked yes...luckily it WAS the right size and prints because I ordered 4 packs of wipes and 320 diapers.  I WILL be cancelling this after the first month since I'll be using cloth after that.  I would have preferred to order just one pack to make sure I liked them before I ordered so many, but c'est la vie! I guess that's what I get for trying to function at 4:30 AM.  I will say that these diapers will be arriving a week after I ordered them, which I guess isn't too bad for shipping, but still not as fast as some other companies.  I hope I like the diapers, since I'll be using 320 of them!  I had forgotten how many diapers newborns go through, so that may only last me a week!  I'm excited to see the cute prints though!  I'll let you know how they go!

No comments:

Post a Comment