Friday, November 30, 2012

Recipe Friday: Bean Dip

I wanted to give you a good holiday recipe this week.  I thought of lots of cookie recipes I have, but none of them can even remotely be considered healthy.   I thought this bean dip recipe might work as a holiday dish because it's great to dip veggies in and it an also be used with a Mexican dinner (I'm going to use it on quesadillas tonight.)  It's from my trusty The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook by Cathe Olson.  It's called Easy Bean Dip, and it truly is pretty easy. 



Ingredients:
2 C cooked pinto or black beans (I use black)
1TBSP olive oil
1 TBSP nutritional yeast flakes
3/4 tsp chili powder
2 TBSP minced fresh cilantro or parsley (I've used both.)
sea salt to taste

Directions:
Toss it all in a food processor, process until smooth.  Dip, spread and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment