Monday, April 29, 2013

Michael Pollan's Interview on Dr Oz

My mother called my the other day and told me that Michael Pollan was going to be on Dr Oz, so I recorded it and watched it this weekend. He was there to promote his new book Cooked.  I also saw him on the Colbert Report, but I think this interview gives a little better picture of what the book, and his philosophy is really about.  I couldn't find the interview in it's entirety, so here it is in 4 parts.  The last part is just this recipe of braised chicken, which Evan said looked good so I may have to try it.  

He also inspired me to go back to baking bread.  I made chicken noodle soup per Caden's request last night for dinner and I made the bread to go with it--I had forgotten how good fresh baked bread is!  Here's the recipe, if you're interested.  

One last comment, I'm so surprised that he (Michael Pollan, not Evan) still eats meat after all that research he did for The Omnivore's Dilemma.  I would think anyone who had seen the inside of a meat processing plant and a feed lot would steer clear of meat.  Hmm! 









No comments:

Post a Comment