Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Using Those Easter Eggs!



Do you have this at your house?  I usually don't dye a ton of eggs because I never know what to do with them all, but this year I decided to dye eggs at Easter Brunch with our family.  I thought if might be fun for grandparents and uncles to dye eggs with the kids, since it's one of the biggest Easter traditions and you don't really get to do it unless you have kids.  I got 3 different decorating packs, Hello Kitty, Batman and Angry Birds.  I hard boiled 36 eggs on Saturday.  Sunday, when we drove to East Canton to my mother in laws house, I left them in the fridge.  So Easter night, we dyed eggs.  Now we have to eat them all.  My two middle kids like "egg boats" so they'll eat some, but not 36.  So if you're stuck with a ton of eggs too, I'm going to share a good egg salad recipe I found in The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook by Cathe Olson. 

Egg Salad

1 stalk celery
1 carrot
1/2 C kale
8 hardboiled eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 C mayo (I used soy-free vegan)
pita pockets
 
Mince celery, carrot and kale in a food processor.  Add eggs, salt, pepper, and mayo and pulse to blend.  Stuff in pita pockets.
 
I love that this gives you a ton of veggies too and you don't use much mayo. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment