Friday, April 12, 2013

Recipe Friday: World's Best Kale Salad

I have to admit, I think this recipe's name is a little misleading, but I'm always looking for a new, different way to prepare kale and I liked this one.  I didn't follow the directions exactly, and so I think I'll make it again to see if how it tastes with yellow miso instead of the dark that I used.  This is from Kiwi Magazine's Allergy-Friendly Foods for Families cookbook that I won last year.  If you live in NE  Ohio, it's kale planting time...do you have your seeds and garden ready???



World's Best Kale Salad


Ingredients

1 bunch of curly kale, stems and ribs removed and leaves sliced into ribbons
2 carrots, peeled and diced
1/4 c tahini
2 TBSP yellow miso
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1 tsp pure maple syrup
1/4 C warm water

Toss kale and carrots in a large bowl.  Mix together remaining ingredients, whisking until smooth.  Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well, massaging the dressing into the leaves with your hands.  Let sit for 5-10 minutes to allow the dressing to wil the kale slightly.  Serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment