Monday, April 22, 2013

The Swingset

It's a beautiful spring day and I'm playing outside with the two little ones that don't abandon me everyday and go to school. I was pushing them on the swings, thinking about springs past when it was Caden and Ellie on these swings and not Vince and Olivia. All of a sudden I realizes that in the not so distant future no one will need me to push them on them on the swing. The slide will no longer be used as a water slide in the summer and the playset will no longer be a pirate ship or a house or fort or whatever their imaginations need it to be that day. I'm going to miss it when my kids are too big to "play" outside.



So today, as I help Vince go "way up high" and watch Olivia's little feet dangle from the once bright red, now light pink, baby swing I will remember them just like they are right now. Here, at home, with me.







No comments:

Post a Comment