Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Our Trip To The Library

Not a big post today...sorry.  Ellie was kind enough to share the fever she had last week with me.  But I did want to check in and follow up with my bean recipe from yesterday.  It was just ok.  I made the mistake of adding the seasoning to ALL the beans, instead of just a few to see how it was.  Now I have a giant bowl full of beans that are just so-so.  Well, now I know.



Yesterday afternoon I took Vince and Olivia to the library.  I always feel so good coming out of there--like I've done something good as a mom.  I got some beginning reader books for Ellie, some chaper books for Caden and Vince picked out a TON of super hero books.  Of course we got DS and Wii games and DVDs too, but last night we all sat down and READ.   We used to read with Caden ALL THE TIME when he was young, and even Ellie when she was a toddler, but when we started to be out-numbered kids to parents, it was harder and harder to put in the book time that we used to.  So hopefully, making these trips to the library will help get the kids more excited about reading and hopefully, we can figure out a system at bedtime where everyone gets read to.  Now I'm going to collapse on the bed and feed Olivia.  Thanks a lot, Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment