Monday, January 13, 2014

ADA--Not What You Think

I recently learned that ADA is now in bread.  Right?!?  ADA--they think they can tell you which kind of gum to chew, how often to brush your teeth, which mouthwash is the best--ooohhhh!  We're the American Dental Association, we're sooo smart!  Now you're in my bread?  We'll I've had it!  Back off ADA!  Oh, wait.  Sorry about that.  Wrong ADA.  Turns out ADA actually stands for Azodicarbonamide, which IS in bread, but it totally unrelated to the American Dental Association.  Oops, my bad!  I'm still going to rant though--you're welcome!  So what is Azodicarbonamide?  (ADA for short) I'm sure you'll be surprised to learn it's bad stuff.  It's used to make rubber.  And plastic.  And bread.  Those three go together, right?  It's been know to cause asthma, as well as be a carcinogen (cancer causer).  It's been banned in Europe, Singapore and Australia.  AND it's in our bread.  This is so tiring.  I feel like I could write a generic blog, then just insert the given chemical and food product.  Why is there so much CRAP in our food?!?!  Just keep reading those labels!  Or, better yet, make your own bread!  Here's "my" bread recipe.  So good and you know what's in it!  
**Thanks to Vince's teacher for telling me about this!  Kudos to you for hearing about it, but even better, for sharing that information and doing something about it!  Way to be an activist!  


No comments:

Post a Comment