Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The New Normal and a New Tree

Well, we're all moved in.  It's been a busy few months for us--hence the lack of posts, but I'm hoping that things will settle down now and we can begin our new, normal, routine.  It's already a huge difference living in the new house.  We all have space.  I didn't really realize before how we were all on top of each other.  The kids are still asking, "Where's the sun room?"  "Where's my play room?"  and the other day, after about a week of living in this new house, we had to tell Ellie that there was a bathroom downstairs.  I made her shower in it last night, just to cement the fact that it does, in fact, exist.

As a welcoming present, my Honest Company order was on the doorstep the day after we moved in.  In it was my usual bundle order (this time I got two hair and body washes, one body lotion, a laundry detergent and conditioner) but I also got a bonus gift--a fir tree.  I'm so excited!  It came with directions for planting the little guy and it looks like he's going to be living in my sun room for awhile until the weather warms up.  I can them move the pot he'll be in outside and after about two years I can transplant him into the ground.  I thought the kids, or Ellie at least, would also think this was cool, and enjoy being part of planting a tree.  They were less than enthused.  Vince was totally confused, because it's clearly a Christmas tree, and Christmas is over.  Good point, Vince.  But I'm excited to get this little guy right when we move in.  I'm so sad we had to leave the Linden tree Aunt Janet gave Vince when he was born and I'm glad that I now have another tree that I can use to mark time.  If you live in the Canton area, the pines that are in front of Avondale Elementary, across from Trinity United Church of Christ (where Evan and I got married) were planted by my first grade class when I went there.  It's amazing to me to see how big those trees have gotten, since they were REALLY tiny when we put them in the ground.    So on my next trip to Lowe's, I feel like I'm there ALL THE TIME!, I'm going to get some potting soil and give my little pine a home, in our new home.  Fitting, n'est pas?


No comments:

Post a Comment