Friday, January 24, 2014

Recipe Friday: Cinnamon Maple Roast Butternut Squash

I'm borrowing my recipe today from Weelicious--I know, you're sick of hearing about it.  Sorry.  This was one of the recipes from my menu for this past week that I really liked and so did Vince and Olivia. It was pretty easy prep and it's seasonal--which I always like.

Cinnamon Maple Roast Butternut Squash  (makes 2 cups)

  • Prep Time: 5 mins,
  • Cook Time: 45 mins,
  • Rating: 

I often get asked by people if my kids eat everything. Well, everything is a big word. I'm sure if I sat them down with a big plate of chopped liver and super stinky cheese they would opt to starve, but overall they're both pretty good about eating a...

Ingredients

  • 2 cups peeled and chopped butternut squash (about 1 small squash)
  • 2 teaspoons canola or vegetable oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup

Preparation

  1. 1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
  2. 2. Place the butternut squash on a baking sheet, drizzle or spray with oil and toss to coat well.
  3. 3. Bake for 40 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with the maple syrup. Toss to coat, return to oven and bake an additional 5 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment