Friday, January 31, 2014

Recipe Friday: Soups And Beer Bread

I love soup!  I'm a fan of hot or cold soups, although I never make cold soups because no one else in my family likes them.  I love creamy pureed soups for my little ones (Olivia)  that I can put in a zippy cup and she can drink it on her own, with minimal mess.   With the weather so cold lately, soup has been on my mind.  I wanted to give you a great soup recipe, but all the soup recipes that I REALLY love, I think I've blogged before.  I'm always on the look-out for new, great soups, but I seem to find a lot more blah than fab.  So here's a link to a soup recipe I've posted in the past.   Make a warm loaf of bread (beer bread is SUPER easy and oh so yummy!) and some soothing, soup and gear up for the cold weather ahead.  (Not you, Cecilie.  You just keep enjoying your 61 and sunny--ya, I looked up the weather in LA before I wrote that!)

Squash and White Bean Soup (Try a white or yellow miso to give this a more mild flavor)

Beer Bread

1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
1 1/2 C whole wheat flour
4 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/3 C packed brown sugar
1 (12 fluid ounces) bottle or can of beer (I like a lighter beer VS a darker beer, but I use whatever Evan has in the fridge)

Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a loaf pan.  Mix all dry ingredients together , then pour in the beer and mix until a stiff batter forms.  Scrape into loaf pan. Bake for about an hour, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment