Thursday, January 9, 2014

Gleen Cloths- My new Best Friend

I'm not sure what it is.  I never felt compelled to clean like this in the other house.  I think it's because I was in the cleaning mode for so long every time I set foot in this house and it still hasn't gone away.  I scrubbed the front of Ellie's dresser yesterday.  Don't get me wrong--it needed it, but this is something that I never did at the old house--never THOUGHT to do at the old house.  I'm cleaning windows and around door frames (which at my height is a challenge--obtainable, but a challenge none the less.) every time I clean a room, instead of just every once in awhile.  It's great!  I love living in a house I feel is really clean. I'm just hoping I can keep it up.  It's all new and fun.  5 years from now it probably won't be so much fun to wipe down the walls in the downstairs entry way each week.

Anyhoo, Gleen cloths.  I've talked about these guys before.  My mom got me one a few years ago.  It's supposed to be a greener cleaning method than using chemical cleaning products.  I was skeptical, so I checked out their website.  They're just a cloth--nothing chemical about them.  They're an "As Seen On TV" product, which was also a little fishy in my book, but after years of using my one Gleen Cloth, and after getting a new one for Christmas (thanks Mom!) I'm a HUGE fan!  All this cleaning I'm doing here made me think again about how much I LOVE this product!  Sometimes you get something, think it's great, then down the road--ehh, not so much.  But I'm still using my Gleen Cloth ALL the time.  My mom got me a stainless steel gleen cloth for my new house and I LOVE it for my cooktop.  It's black and shows EVERYTHING!  I was using a soapy rag to clean off oil splatter the other night and all it did was smear the residue around.  One swipe with my Gleen cloth--sparkling!  So cool!  I keep the stainless one in the kitchen and the others with my cleaning supplies.  I know it's machine washable, but I don't want to use anything to clean my kitchen that was also used to clean bathrooms.

Here's the commercial for them.  I'm just like the lady in the video--smiling the whole time I clean!  And my widows actually sparkle with the little stars like in the video!!  (No they don't.)  

Actually, one of the best things about them is they're great for kids.  Not just to clean up after my kids, but for my kids to use.  On the rare occasion when one of the wants to help me clean I can dampen a Gleen cloth and let them go at it.  They're can dust and wipe windows and it's all streak free.

No comments:

Post a Comment