Monday, April 13, 2015

Blue Apron: Following Up

I'm REALLY doing well with this following through thing!  A few weeks ago I blogged about this company called Blue Apron.  My brother in law was telling me about it at Caden's birthday party.  You sign up, then they send you everything you need to make 3 meals for the week--all from REAL FOOD.  The longer you're a member the more free gifts (a weekly subscription) you get. Since he's been getting it for awhile he gave my mom a free trial week.  Since she's cooking for one, she made each meal then brought the other half (the meals are for two) over for me.  So of course to me, Blue Apron is someone bringing a freshly cooked meal right to your table and I love it!  For her, it's someone shipping food to her house where she preps and cooks it all and then drives it over to my house.  I know, I know.  Next week I'm making some of the meals to balance it out!
  That aside, it's a pretty cool program.  They have the two person as well as the family (which is for 4) and so far all of the meals have been pretty good (we've tried 4 so far.)  They're all made with REAL food and the ingredients come premeasured and ready to go.  I hear the only hard part is all the prep (chopping, grating, slicing, etc).  The meals are supposed to take 1/2 hour to make, but my brother in law and my mom say it takes them about an hour.  I'm sure it would take me less time, simply because I KNOW I'm faster than my mom and my brother in law has the luxury of enjoying his time cooking whereas I'm trying to get it done as fast as I can.  The meals are far from ordinary and I've enjoyed trying something new every night (celeriac, anyone?).  I love that they're all real food as well.  If your'e interested in looking at next weeks meals click here.  If you're REALLY interested in giving it a try, let me know.  I MAY know someone that can hook you up with a free trial week!

No comments:

Post a Comment