Friday, April 24, 2015

Grand Plans for Breakfast

I'm a mess in the morning.  It's really hard for me to function, no matter how late I get up.  It takes me a long time to really be "with" it and therefore, our morning routine is always rushed and rather unpleasant.  I'd like to change this.  I'm starting with breakfast.  I'm tired of feeding my kids boxed cereal or bagels that are shelf-stable for weeks.  I'd rather make them something that's really going to give them fuel for the day.  However, this requires a functioning adult--which is absent until about 8:45.  So I need to plan for my stumbling morning self when I'm my wide-awake motivated self during the day.  I read cookbooks and they always have great ideas for breakfast, but
we have about 10 minutes to prepare and eat breakfast in our house--not 45 like you'd need to really make a meal.  This is a problem and I'm going to solve it.  Not today.  Today my mind is a mess with our foster dog, the scholarship committee and the race this weekend.  I forgot to take Vince to art class this afternoon.  I'm slipping.  BUT--I'm going to pull it together and make a plan for breakfast.  I blogged about it now I HAVE to do it because I'm following through on all my blog posts.  Now it's out there. I'm also taking suggestions.
This is what happened in Olivia's room when I was cleaning the kitchen today.  I'd clean it up, but I can't get in the door.  Notice the patch of white under the blue chair?  That's Stella--stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment