Thursday, April 23, 2015

Breakfast Tacos

Quick recipe post today.  I'm reviewing scholarship applicants and I can't stand to look at the computer one minute more!  I made these breakfast tacos for dinner the other night for the kids.  Mostly went over well, Caden complained they weren't crunch tacos, so I guess you could do that too, although it wouldn't really be real food then.  So, I got the idea from 100 Days of Real Food and now I can't seem to find the recipe online.  I'll give you the long and short of it--it's a taco with scrambled eggs as the "meat".
 The cook book calls to scramble them with diced onions and tomatoes, but I made them for my lunch today and just added a little Southwest Seasoning, (Penzey's) and they were fantastic!  You can top then any way you'd top a taco-salsa, cheese, avocado, tomatoes, sour cream, beans, whatever.  Fast and easy, plus you've got a veggie thrown in there.  LOVE IT!
Back to scholarships.  I bet this kid loves to help others, has at least a 4.0 GPA and is involved in every activity.  This is always so hard!



No comments:

Post a Comment