Thursday, July 7, 2011

Reusable Snack Bags

I was having a hard time coming up with a topic to write about today. I started thinking about what I've done today that's green and the first thing I thought about was line drying my laundry, but I've already talked about that. Then I started thinking about what I had actually washed and since my husband's socks really aren't that blog-worthy, I decided to write about these great reusable snack bags from Planet Wise. I bought them last spring at the Breastfeeding Center in Massillon. I bought three of them, and a sandwich wrap. I'm now down to two since I lost the one I got for Vince THE SAME DAY!! (I'm still clinging to the hope that it will turn up.) ANYWAY...I got the snack bags for my oldest son's lunch box. I was VERY happy with them! They're machine washable and they're corners are rounded so when you turn them inside out, nothing gets trapped in the corner. They had cute fabrics and the inside is lined with a PVC free plastic. They velcro and I've used them with veggies and crackers. They were great for snacks in the car on our Sesame Place trip. I also got a sandwich wrap that is basically the same thing as the snack bag, but the whole thing folds out...and becomes a placemat! I like to think that my son actually used it as this instead of putting his food directly on the cafeteria table... So I love them, but they're fabric on the outside, so they take awhile to dry. Not OVERLY long, but longer than I have when I have to unpack a lunch after school, wash it, then repack another lunch the same night. So I need a lot of them, but they're $8 each. I can buy a LOT of plastic bags for $8...even though I know these are safer than disposable bags and better for the planet, but after loosing one the day I got it...I'm hesitant to invest in a ton of them. I also got them very gender specific so I can't really share. My son was less than thrilled with the idea of taking my daughter's pink strawberry bag in his lunch! I've decided to get one or two each time I go to the Breastfeeding Center, which isn't very often, but every little bit helps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment