Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Webinar

I did the webinar! It was really great! Thanks to my mom for coming over to watch my kids so I could actually listen to what what being said! There was a lot of great information and ideas, and some startling statistics! When I registered for the webinar I found that you can access former webinars from the Kiwi website. (Later today you can also access this seminar.) I'm excited to check some of them out! This webinar, by Robyn O'Brien is about her book, The Unhealthy Truth. She talked mostly about her reasons (sick child) and her journey to eating a healthier diet. I thought the most interesting part was how she kept saying how most other countries do not allow all the junk (dyes, HFCS, growth hormones) in their food supply. US companies actually make two products, one without all the Junk, which they then export to countries that are working to protect their food supply, and one with all the junk, which we put on our grocery store shelves. This seems CRAZY to me!! Why are we not demanding the same, high quality food, that other countries are?!?! It actually made me feel good, for once!, about what I'm doing for my kid's health. Her webinar said that cancer is the number one disease related death for kids under the age of 15. This statistic alone motivates me each day to make sure that my kids are NOT part of this statistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment