Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Cold Frame Seminar

So I'm multi-tasking right now. While typing this blog post I'm also listening to a Kashi training webinar so I can get my free sample from Kashi for my Mom's Meet group (that I have yet to organize!). This is really a great webinar and I'm going to try to link it here if I can! But until I get that figured out, I'm going to mention ANOTHER seminar that looked interesting to me. Even though I'm not doing the CSA again this year I'm still getting their newsletter. This time the newsletter featured a seminar that they're going to be sponsoring at the farm. It's something I've never heard of and I thought it would be something great to try, especially since we eat so many greens!!

Cold Frame Seminar

Join Kidron market gardener and author, Karen Geiser, at the Simon's farm (1094 Battlesburg st SW, east Sparta, Ohio 44626) to learn how you can grow greens in the winter months in your backyard. Karen's family has been eating fresh spinach, kale and arugula all winter long for the past 10 years from her greenhouse and various homemade cold frames. She will share ideas on structures, plant varieties and planting schedules. Cost is $12 a person and includes handouts with planting dates. Also available for purchase will be seeds and plants to get you started on your winter gardening adventure plus Karen will have her local foods book and coldframing DVDs available. Please RSVP by Friday, August 26. amy@simonorganics.com

I'm not sure when the seminar is scheduled, but I think I'm going to look into coldframing online and at the library. If you're in the Canton area and you're interested in attending this seminar let me know...I could be convinced to go if I had a buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment