Monday, August 22, 2011

Good-Bye Summer

Summer seems like it went so fast! I'm not ready for my big guy to leave me yet! I remember how hard it was on all of us last year when he started Kindergarten. I know my little man is going to REALLY miss his big brother this year. It's like summer is officially over tomorrow. I feel like it's so much easier to be "green" in the summer. There are farmer's markets, my garden is growing, I can line dry my clothes, we spend time outside, it's sunny and bright and I just feel more optimistic. As the weather gets colder I feel like it's a little harder to keep up my greeness. I still do a little line drying on my drying rack in the basement, but jeans and sweatshirts take a LOT longer to dry than tanks and short! It's harder to eat fresh local food, when everything is going to seed as well. But I do love the change of the seasons, summer to fall especially. On a cool day like today I get excited for fall and all that goes with it, apple picking, pumpkin picking (I'll have to share my recipe for pumpkin pie from a roasted pumpkin when they're in season!) cool Saturday's outside and of course HALLOWEEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment