Thursday, August 4, 2011

Green Entertaining

I had a Thirty-One party Tuesday night. As always, when I entertain I'm faced with a dilemma...go green or conventional? First, I'll address beverages because this is always an issue when we entertain. My husband ALWAYS insists that we serve pop when we have guests, but I prefer not to. Here is my thinking: I care enough about my family to not to serve them pop (I tell my kids it's toxic!) so why, would I serve it to my guests?!? I understand that they're adults and can make their own decisions and that's fine...at their own house! I feel like I've taken a stand on healthy eating, and serving pop goes against that. Which leads me to my other dilemma...organics. I eat mostly organics. I serve my family mostly organic food...but when I entertain for some reason ($$$$) I'm always tempted to go conventional. Example: We always buy organic strawberries, even though they're almost $4 a container. But when I entertain, I need to buy 3 containers...that's a lot of money on strawberries! So I have to go back to my original argument...I won't serve conventional to my family, why my guest. I've taken a stand on organic produce...I need to maintain that position, even when entertaining. So today I'm doing another webinar through Kiwi Magazine Online. (I was going to add the link to this webinar, but I can't find it which makes me think it's full. It should be online tomorrow for everyone to view though at this link.) The topic is Green Birthday Parties for Less, and since I have birthday party coming up in September, I'm hoping it has lots of good suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment