Monday, August 1, 2011

Obsessed

The first step is admitting you have a problem. I have a houseplant obsession. Lowe's was having a 1/2 off sale on all their indoor plant. 1/2 off!!! Some of them were $2.50! How could I not get a few?...or 11? I've been thinking about where to put plants in my house for a long time. Some on either side of the fireplace would look nice...a little grouping on those nesting tables in the corner...some lower bushier plants around the Money Tree...something for the other side of the couch...well. I got them. And then some. And now I TRULY live in a jungle! I still think I was right about where those plants would look good....just not all together! But I do have to say I must have some STERILE air in here with all these air purifiers! I counted. I now have 33 plants. Even though I'm still trying to find a happy home for each of my new plant friends, I'm still really happy with all of them. I really had fun picking each one out, planning where to put it, and enjoying the greenness in my home. SO although I don't suggest buying 11, I'm just letting everyone know that Lowe's is having a sale on plants (yes, I DID leave some in the store!) so if you've been thinking about getting a plant, not would be a good time to try it out. Here's a quick how-to on choosing plants. It's my experience (and I'll be honest, it's pretty limited) that as long as you match our plant's location with it's light and water needs, you're good to go. Before you head to the store, decided where you want to put your plant. Which way does the window face? How far from the window will your plant be? Now go here and find out which kind of plant you're looking for, high, medium or low light. Then read the tag for watering needs! I used to think plants needed watered every day...most don't! Here are more watering tips. And you should be good to go! Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment