Thursday, August 25, 2011

Working Green

Today I started being a working mom. Of course we all know that the term "working mom" is redundant and of course I've been working since 3-10-05, but I mean outside of the home. Today was my CPR training (State of Ohio: This is the third time I've done this training...it seems odd to me that it keeps changing...how is that possible?!) I'm going to be teaching preschool two days a week this year, then three additional days in the fall/early winter while I cover another teacher for her maternity leave. I'm aware this is not a whole lot of time to be working, but it's still going to have a big impact on our family. I'm wondering how much I'm going to have to compromise in my green efforts, if any. Off the top of my head two things pop up as being problems...the cloth diapers, and lunches. First, I'm not going to have the time I used to have to do laundry. I'm not really willing to compromise on the cloth diapering though, so I'm determined to make it work...even if it means staying up late to run a last rinse cycle! Now that school is back in session I'm back to packing lunches. I have a reusable lunch bag/reusable snack bags and sandwich wraps, cloth napkins, reusable thermos and water bottles...I'm not sure how this will work once I don't have as much time. Will I be willing to start using more prepackaged, disposable lunch items? I hope not! Even my blog. Will I still have the time to devote to (as my brother-in-law says) telling everyone why I'm better than they are? There are only so many hours in a day and so many things I can take on (although I do love to see how much I can overextend myself!). Something is going to have to give and I just really can't tell what that's going to be. I'm just so glad that I don't start teaching until my oldest has been in school for a few weeks. I guess I'm just a little nervous with my new schedule. It's going to be a crazy fall until we all get used to running like mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment