Friday, August 12, 2011

Super Food!

I was doing my biweekly menu planning the other day and I was digging in my cookbooks and recipes trying to find SOMETHING new and exciting. I came across my file folder of recipes/tips/food resources that I keep from things I come across in books or online as I read. (This actually started out as a hard copy of recipes from www.wholesometoddlerfood.com which is the sister site to wholesomebabyfood.com.) In it I found a list I copied from one of Dr. Sears's books which I read last summer. It's his list of the Top Twelve Foods. I found in interesting since it contains a lot of foods that aren't on most lists. He lists them in alphabetical order, not nutritional order.

Top Twelve Foods (according to Dr Bill Sears)
Avocado
chickpeas
eggs
fish (salmon, tuna)
flax seeds and flax oil
kidney beans
lentils
sweet potatoes
Tofu (firm)
tomatoes
whole grains
Yogurt (plain, nonfat)

I was surprised not to see that blueberries and kale aren't on the list. Also yogurt. I really started eating a lot more yogurt after reading about it's healthy benefits in his book....which isn't really helping my vegan transition, but who am I kidding, I'm not really making much of an effort to go vegan anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment