Monday, November 7, 2011

Dryer Balls

My California friend emailed me about this product she found at the Container Store. They're dryer balls that you use instead of dryer sheets. I actually have a different brand, but the same thing. I've had them for a few years and I really like them. When I first started with my natural stuff, I cut out fabric softner and started just using white vinegar instead (it really works and you clothes DO NOT smell like french fries, ROBBIE!) When I found these dryer balls I quit using vinegar and just used them. I thought they worked pretty well. I thought they did a good job with static too. I started with 4, now I'm down to 2-3. Whatever lives in the dryer that eats socks must have found a taste for dryer balls too. I like that they're reusable and I have one less thing to buy at the grocery store. In full disclosure, I'm currently using dryer sheets right now, but not really for my clothes. When the weather gets colder and the indoors get dryer, my hair gets SUPER staticy! Used dryer sheets are AMAZING for killing the static. I keep one in my purse and one with my dryer to used in the morning. So although they're not super green (I do buy the fragrance free ones to reduce SOME of the chemicals I'm using) I feel that one every few washes for one season a year is a good compromise, especially since they're being reused.

No comments:

Post a Comment