Monday, November 21, 2011

Giving Thanks

I was maneuvering my way through the grocery store this afternoon (I was the one with the child whinging, "Mommmmyyyyy!!!" and taking up twice as much room as a regular cart with my giant rolling race car.) when I took a second to look around me. (OK, I was doing the thing where I spy in other people's carts again.) I saw HUGE turkeys in carts, in boxes being loaded into freezers, advertised on sale...they were everywhere. I immediately thought, "Ugg look at that factory farm processed bird! Look at all this excess! . blah, blah, blah." When I stopped being so "holier than thou" and gave thanks. (I'm sure this was TOTALLY unprompted by all the Thanksgiving sales and meal preparation that was going on around me.) I'm THANKFUL that I live in a society where I'm able to go to the grocery store and buy what I want. I can choose between organic and conventional, a bag of red or green apples, even strawberries that are out of season are available to me. I'm THANKFUL that it's just a matter of driving a few minutes to the store and picking up the food that I want. I feel like I complain a lot on here, so this week, I'm going to write about something I'm THANKFUL for. Monday, I'm thankful for the abundance of food that is available to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment